This position will collaborate with production personnel to design and/or modify efficient, cost effective systems that integrate workers, information, machines and materials to improve product quality and cost. The I. E. will also assist with the development of new equipment and/or tooling that will help increase throughput, improve quality and ensure safety. They will design, develop and maintain process routs and work instructions to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space. The I.E. will also assist with worker compliance for all industry standards for safety.
- Learn and understand current manufacturing methods on all Liberty Safe products. This includes current production lines and associated processes, tack times and related deficiencies.
- Design and develop usable work instructions with simplistic wording and visual aids. These work instructions will be job specific and modified as required. Develop short videos that demonstrate proper work methods when applicable.
- Assist with “Cause and Corrective Actions” for all quality issues related to processes and safety. Verify that sustainable process and tooling changes are completed and implemented. Modify work instructions as required and verify that any training needed is completed.
- Review product and component flows to support efficient material handling.
- Develop process improvements which support better efficiencies and higher levels of production.
I.E. Qualifications and Skills
- Education – four year engineering degree.
- Previous Job Experience – five years in related industry.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Technical Skills – computer skills, writing skills, understanding of equipment and processes related to metal manufacturing – sheet metal, machined parts and finishing processes.
- Ability to design technical plans, drawings and processes.
- Ability to help implement cost reduction methods while supporting quality and safety standards.