In this video, we're going to take a look again at the ScanLogic Basic, but we're going to do a couple of other functions.
How to Delete User Fingerprints from a ScanLogic Basic Lock
Let's say that we've enrolled a number of fingerprints, and we now want to remove those fingerprints. In this case, I've enrolled User 2 with a code, and I want to remove the fingerprints that are associated with User 2. Now, since User 2 has up to five fingerprints available to it, removing the fingerprints through this process will delete all five fingerprints.
So here's how we do that.
- We, first of all, enter either the fingerprint of this user two or the code of user two. Let's go ahead and enter the code. So we know the code is 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4. It'll open.
- Now I press and hold the minus button, and once I get that second set of beeps, that shows that that fingerprint has been removed.
- If I were to place my finger on there now, it won't open.
So that's how you delete your own fingerprints; the fingerprints associated with the user code or fingerprint that you entered in order to begin this process.
If I wanted to remove User 1’s fingerprints, I would do the same thing: enter the user one fingerprint or the user one code, and then I would press and hold the minus sign to get the two beeps, and that would delete all the fingerprints associated with the User 1 code.
Same thing with the manager code. If I wanted to delete the fingerprints for the manager code, I would use his fingerprint or code pressing the minus sign, and that would delete all of those fingerprints also.
How to Remove Users from a ScanLogic Basic Lock
Alright, the next thing we're going to take a look at is removing users. So, we've removed User 2’s fingerprints but his code is still there. So I can still enter 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4 which is the User 2 code and I can open the safe.
Now, how do we remove a user? So here's how we remove the user.
- Remember we have a manager, a User 1, and a User 2. In order to remove User 2 from this lock, we enter User 1’s code or fingerprint, and then we press and hold the number 3 button. So let's do that. This is the User 1 fingerprint so we can place it on here to open the safe.
- Now we can press and hold the number 3 button, and that will delete User 2’s code. So let's try that 3, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4 and you'll see it gives an error message; that long beep and the red lights up here, that means that that code is not valid. So we've effectively removed User 2 using the User 1 fingerprinter code.
How to Delete All Users from a ScanLogic Basic Lock
So now, let's take a look at how you delete all users from the lock. So the manager could delete User 1 and User 2, if he was still in this lock, by following this process.
We do that by using the manager's fingerprint and opening the lock and then pressing and holding the number 3; that'll delete all of the User 1 and User 2 information from the lock, both codes and fingerprints. It will leave the manager code in the lock as set as well as the manager's fingerprints.
So here's how we do that.
- Let's go ahead and enter the code for the managers 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- Press and hold the number 3. Wait for the two beeps. And now with those two beeps, we know the codes have been cleared.
- Let's go ahead and try the User 1 code. And it gives you those red lights in the long beep that says this is an invalid code.
- Now let's check to see if the manager code is still in its position where it was set. So enter the manager code (6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) and that lock opens.
So that's how you manage and remove or delete fingerprints and codes on the ScanLogic Basic by SecuRam.